2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2.1 If you register as a user of the Website or contact us through the Website, we collect your personal information from the form you complete, some of which is optional.
- 2.2 If you contact us by email, we may ask you to provide personal information to the extent required for us to assist you with your enquiry.
- 2.3 We may collect, store and use information about the device used to access the Website and your visits to and use of the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation and search terms that you use).
- 2.4 If you choose to provide us or post the personal information of others, you must ensure that they have consented to doing so, and our use of such information in accordance with this policy. By providing us with such information, you confirm that you have obtained such consent.
3. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 3.1 We may use your personal information to: (a) manage, administer, analyze, improve and personalize the Website; (b) authenticate your identity and to limit access to your profile or certain pages on the Website to you; (c) to send you newsletters and other communications; (d) to respond your questions or messages; (e) to enforce any applicable terms of service; and (f) to comply with applicable law.
- 3.2 You may (but are not required) to create a personal profile. However, if you do choose to create a profile, the provision of certain personal information is required. You can update that information at any time and can choose which parts of your profile are displayed to other users of the Website. We set our preferences for external search engines so that they do not index personal profiles. However, your personal information may be indexed on other pages on which you have been active.
- 3.3 Cookies are text files stored, either on a temporary or persistent basis on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information about your use of the Website, such as your site preferences. You may delete or block cookies through your browser settings, but if you do so our Website may not function properly. For example, we may not be able to present the Website according to the preferences you’ve specified.
4. WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information: (a) to service providers that assist us with the provisioning or management of our Website or services we provide through our Website; (b) as required by applicable law or judicial authority; (c) to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement authorities if we believe you are involved in unlawful activities or if we believe there is a risk of death, personal injury or damage to property which could be avoided or minimized by such disclosure; and (d) to a person in connection with an actual or proposed corporate transaction with such person, such as an asset sale, amalgamation or similar transaction.
5. HOW DO WE STORE, RETAIN AND TRANSMIT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 5.1 Your personal information may be stored, transmitted or processed outside of Canada and therefore may be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions at those times. We currently store personal information through hosting services based in the United States.
- 5.2 We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with our storage and processing of personal information. However, as no safeguards are infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. If we discover a breach of our safeguards, we will notify you to the extent require by applicable law.
- 5.3 We retain personal information only for so long as it is required for the purpose for which it is collected, following which it is deleted from our systems in the normal course of our operations.
6. HOW DO I ACCESS, DELETE OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Most of your personal information can be accessed when you login to the Website. After you login, you can correct any errors or omissions in such personal information. You may also enquire about this policy, request and review all your personal information, and request any corrections, updates or omissions by contacting us. You may also delete your profile, following which we will delete your personal information in the normal course of our operations.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to websites that we don’t control. If you follow a link to such websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, any personal information collected by those websites, or your use or inability to use those websites.