Your safety and security is our priority.
This is what we do to keep you secure on Thrivespring:
- We do not ask for your personal information
- We do not store plain text passwords
- We scrub your image uploads
- We encrypt our data
- Only site administration has access to the data
Practicing cyber safety.
We will do our best to keep Thrivespring safe from hackers but nothing is completely secure, so to protect yourself we recommend the following:
- To help prevent identity theft, do not share personal details such as your full name, birthdate, and address. We don’t require any of this information when you sign up.
- Create a unique password. Using the same password that you use for your email account or online banking is just asking for trouble, because if hackers get hold of your password through this site, they can then access your other accounts.
- Use a password manager such as LastPass to create a long, random password, or create an easy to remember passphrase consisting of four or five random words. More details can be found here.
- If you decide to meet up in person with someone who you first met online, arrange to meet in a public place and ideally take someone with you. More safety tips here.