Crawley Community Garden
Crawley, South East, UK
Main focus: Subtype: 1
Address: Gossops Green Allotment (Our Mini Base)
Crawley Community Garden 3 ethos
1. To provide opportunities to support people's overall well-being (through space to socialise/connect with others in the community whilst growing and harvesting fruit and veg together).
2. Sharing and building knowledge
(that supports important local/community led growing and harvesting).
3. Connect with and be part of nature/reconnect with nature (there are many theraputic benefits to being outside and reconnecting in this way).
Our 3 schemes
1. Maidenbower Junior School Community Sensory Garden Project (in collaboration with Crawley Bee Wild)
2. Eds 'No dig' method at the CCYS allotment in Gossops Green (helped there last year and gained some valuable knowledge and skills).
3. To build and have a base for Crawley Community Garden. At the moment we have a plot at the CCYS allotment alongside Eds 'No dig' allotment. This is now our mini base where we are adopting 'no dig' methods.
Hopefully next year (2023) we will expand further and bigger with another Community Garden base within Bewbush Adventure Playground (working with 'Inspire Castle CIC')